Monday, April 22, 2013

An International Disaster

Dizaster Vs Loonie

At first I wasn't going to review this battle nor do a comic for it.
What made me proceed against what I was feeling about the battle was the preparation and the love that was put into this battle. Meaning, the people behind the scenes that showed this culture called battle rap some respect,  props to Fliptop Battle League . First off it was held @ the  famous Araneta coliseum. Then there were thousands of people at attendance that was so into it, you would have thought it was Obamas inauguration.Then Dizaster came down to the stage like he was The Rock accompanied by "The Eye of the Tiger" song playing in the background , ha ha it was great. Then Loonie came out spittin and singing one of his songs accompanied by a full fledged orchestra, now wow that's respect and preparation for an event.
Now for the battle I wasn't really impressed. Ok let me get this out.
Dizaster is one of the most talented vicious, bar heavy, disrespectful battle rappers of our time. No matter what he will always be in my top 5 battle rappers count no matter what because he has shown me that he is one of the best. I've seen and heard things come out of Dizasters mouth that would make the devil himself cringe. He's a no holds barred emcee and I will always love him for that (PAUSE).
But lately he has been making me shake my head in disappointment.This guy flew all the way to the Phillipines under a great roof in front of thousands of people to play.
When I say play I really mean play. OK I'm getting ahead of myself , let me introduce my man Loonie.
Loonie is a great international rap artist with great acolades, hit records and dope battles. Loonie is the most viewed battle rapper and is really one of those emcees that rep the hip hop culture.
But in no way shape or form he was suppose to beat DIZASTER. Some say the battle was debatable some say Loonie beat some say Dizaster beat.
By the looks of the comic I created you know who I think beat. First round Loonie got in Diz butt with some cool personals and some dope schemes. He really impress me and honestly this was my first time ever seeing this kat battle. Now Diz went and he was ok he had some cool bars here and there but for the travel and the views this battle is going to get Diz was suppose to destroy Loonie in that first round so bad that Loonie should have wanted to quit, but that wasn't the case. Loonie edged Diz good in that first round because Diz didn't come to kill him he really came to have fun and I say that with my face frowned up.
Round 2 was even worse,  Diz was freestyling again but he was border line horrible. He was funny and witty but I knew better bars can come out the mouth of Dizaster. Loonie was cool but not as good as he was in the first. Now round 3 was wierd cause Dizaster kept coming in and out with tight freestyles then horrible ones, this round was shaky for both. But Loonie was consistant cause you can tell he did at least prepare and came to put on a show. I missed the Dizaster that battled QP, DNA, Swave Seva,Canibus, etc. That Dizaster came to KILL and DESTROY! I'm not taking anything away from Loonie he's good but those who have been following this battle rap culture for years knows what I'm talking about. Maybe that whole Arcane situation through my man off balance and he don't care no more. If so Dizaster if you read this I hope you bring back that emcee eater Dizaster soon, because T-Rex is not going to be no walk in the park when you two meet.
Round 1 Loonie
Round 2 Loonie
Round 3 Dizaster Edged

Watch Battle Here--


1 comment: