Saturday, February 16, 2013

Beats To Rhymes

                                     First off before I get started I must apologize for sleeping on this idea of bringing the beat back to battlerap. When I first saw Eness's blog about this event happening  I was so against it, it sounded corny at the time or maybe I  was just going against it because I didn't agree with the other content he had to say in said blog. Never the less this battle was amazing to me. Shout Out to MC*WAR for putting this on. It was so HIP HOP at it purist form.The way it was set up round for round was well thought out and came across brilliant.
First round was straight dope, the beat these two emcees spit over was crazy. They showed that if you have talent it will show and it showed.Both Eness and Syahboy flows and lyrics were nice. It was like the two of them was a group and decided to battle each other, loved it!
Second round was an acapella round which I thought was a smart moved, it showed that they were not going to leave out what heads always expect in a battle and that is raw straight up lyrics being performed without a beat so expression and skills can be really seen.
Third round was a beat round (and the beat was CRAZY!!!) but it consisted of a back and forth type flow.They battled each other spittin like eight bars here and there to each other ending with a sixteen, excelent!
Eness Quotable bars: I battle Jae Mills then Mook had seconds/ then I battle Ars cause Math was half steppin/ I battle Solomon then Mook put reck in I was chin checkin when DNA was playing Tekken/
You get it? When DNA was playing Tekken , I was chin checkin when Mook put Rex in.

Syahboy Quotable bars: "You see me i'm B.I nice ya B**** said ya D*** tiny like T.I wife.
Behave I'm killin this lane don't believe just watch like Trinidad James
You betta duck when that 9 is spittin I leave ya brains on the wall like heirogyphics/
they gotta kill Bill or I do you like Baby D and then slide the cookie down the winshield."
I summed these rounds up like this 
1st round I gave to Syahboy , I just like his presence and energy and performace better.
2nd round I gave to Eness, It seemed like Eness was more focused then Syahboy in this round.
3rd round I gave to Syahboy , his lyrics, flow and presence just stood out more to me but Ness still came off tough. This battle has GREAT replay value, if you love Hip Hop you will watch this back to back.
All in all this was a great battle and came off successful. The energy and vibe in the room was beautiful. Both emcees showed that they had respect for one and another and was there to express hip hop in a great way.
I commend Eness and Syahboy for this battle, because you can see in their faces that they were having fun 
and thats an aspect that has been missing in battles and that is real LOVE for this sport.
 Please check this battle out if you haven't already -->

Eness Vs Syahboy


No comments:

Post a Comment