Tuesday, January 28, 2014

No Church In The Wild

Click Image To Enlarge
HOLLOW DA DON VS LOADED LUX
UW Battle League got their hands on the most anticipated battle of our time.
Hollow Da Don VS Loaded Lux. This battle was originally suppose to happen on the URL stage on the Summer Madness 3 card but as we all know that didn't happen. With all the promotion, hype and buzz about this battle UW took a chance and we the culture benefited.
High Stakes was a success and we the fans got to witness some good battles so I think I speak for us all when I say battle rap has taken a deep breath and exhaled.
The way this battle panned out has set a new standard for battle rappers. This battle lived up to all the hype and hoop la and open up a new beginning for everything battle rap.
It was impactful and thought provoking and this was produced from both rappers showing all parts of the spectrum and shedding light on all the dark corners.
With that being said lets review the battle of the century.
Round 1 is where both these men demanaded respect from each other. Hollow won the coin toss and pointed to Lux, Lux obliged and said lets work. Lux was focused and poised like no other dressed in black panther apparel accompanied with followers with shotguns and a picket sign.
The picket sign was a picture of Hollow that read "Say No To drugs" (hilarious) classic Lux.
This is what we waited a year for new Lux battle bars 
Quotable bar:"I would have thought your retorts or your rebuttals through
Data for this match up you probably was running to It just aint the same back up/backup when it’s in front of you."

Quotable bar:"I heard you and Drake was tight Turns out you’re munching off the name
pictures of yall at dinner he showed the public that he came well he put it in his albums too

He said Thank Me Later, Take Care, then Nothing Was the Same."
                           Lux was impressive and was throwing lyrical hay makers at Hollow and landing.
Hollow went next and wasted no time going for Lux's jugular.Hollow showed us all in this first round that we slept on him and should have gave him the benefit of the doubt.Because going into this most thought Hollow was going to get destroyed. Hollow was on his game and his actions in this round showed he well crafted each round to break Lux's character. As much as Lux spit game demands your attention Hollow attacked Lux for being so over the top 
Quotable bar:"I mean just to see a Lux battle you gotta see women in violet gowns, choir sounds, tire mounts, tightrope and the lion growls
It’s a whole bunch of “you gon get this work” and “quiet downs”

It’s a circus act just to see this clown go through a fire round."
Quotable bar:"Look at me king! You see that large picture? 
Something that I got king Loaded Lux. Loaded what? Loaded Lux. Loaded what?
Loaded Lux. How you got the name Loaded Lux? 
Not 4s you clutch unloaded and loading up It was UPS, loading trucks

You better be super loading them up because if Loaded overloaded he wouldn't be loaded enough

I mean I was good with Goodz I surfed with Surf and now I’m loaded for Loaded I hold it for Loaded I load it for Loaded I open and close it."


The angle Hollow took was effective and he landed more punches than Lux. Even though Lux's style of rap and delivery is different from others it went against him here, I edged this round to Hollow.
Round 1 Hollow Da Don

Round 2 wasn't no different from round 1, filled with these barbarians trying to end each others careers. Lux was turning the place out putting on a show as he does and juicing up this battle to reach its peek. You can tell this was the round that was introducing his third. He was really pounding on Hollow and not letting up 
Quotable bar:"I tell your mother look lady, I know crack is rough out there in the 80s
But don’t be depressed about your best 

I mean these young heffers out here still dropping they babies
But you raised them with an agenda And revelations is scripture
Just going to take a few more of you funerals breaking till they remember

All that static on the set, that’s the same wire hanging for the antenna

And why it always take a black mother banging on the box for you n****s to get the picture."

Quotable bar:" 
Ask your man Grime about me I know your hustleYour origin

That’s partly why I believe your partnership got your partner shipped

You came down when he went up It’s not bargaining It’s like sponsoring

Free trade been the game since first 48 got marketing

Targeting crews that who lack honour and staff arguments

Is LOM in the trap partying or in the rap partisan

Yall should have been had an audience on noggin with all Barney friends

I mean all you n****s sing, you might look like monsters on screen but yall backyardigans." 


Lux was cooking with hot grease and the flame was on high.He ended this round a little suspect though, I say that because it seemed like he choked and played it off and said go ahead.Maybe it was just me but it seemed that way but he was crazy regardless.

Hollow was up next and took a nice angle, talking to the crowd and fans saying that just because you don't understand him doesn't mean he nice.
Quotable bar:"N****s acting like Lux on some different S
 but all he do is take some simple S like a door and make it intricate

They’re opposed to who’s opposing us do you want it closed or shut the life of sanctuary is close enough and when it’s your turn, things will open up
I seen more counter tops than a flower pot an hour clock on the tower watch and the crowd will rock like woo! Like I don’t know, it just sounded hot

Because you don’t understand him it don’t mean that he’s nice

For example, he said it’s about 50cc of Vicodin in his writing pen but Vicodin’s a pill and CCs liquid, what are you writing then? Because you don’t understand him it don’t mean that he’s nice

I mean my bars give you that mmm, I just S'ed face

His bars give you that hmm, I think I get it face."


Hollow really came at how most of us view Lux's rhymes and really picked him apart.

I edged this round to Hollow also."

Round 2 Hollow Da Don



Now round 3 was for all the marbles and this round was unlimited so each rapper had plenty of time to flex and release hell on each other and that is exactly what happened.

Loaded Lux brought back his Summer madness 2 angle and broke Hollow down nasty. He came at Hollow for doing lean and pills and the force and delivery Lux was bringing I thought Calicoe was standing there again. Lux was really stomping on Hollow with thought provoking content with an all out blitz on Hollow's soul 

Quotable bar:"I hope you brought that pain medicine with you Cause you gon need it

How sweet breathing can be screened or breezes with romanced [?]

Like the Romans when they beat on Jesus in your hands
But nothing I write hit you harder than life 
Especially one weak for demons
But you say you straight in the state of the saints
We gon see if it’s new or leaning/New Orlean n***a
Promethazine, codeine ,morphine, it doesn’t motivate 
The exposure makes you doze not awake 

These are opiates 

The doses traits of the poppy seed that the dopers take
Make no mistake about this if you ever been around someone on heroin, they’re a dependant
They go from binging to drugging just to function that engine
The whole body readjust and you just can’t end it
They attack the habit but the cause of withdrawals are still pending 
So are you sober n***a
Cause you said you stopped drinking lean in October 
Well that isn’t a surprise
Hollow you picked the month where in the end every individual lies
I mean you can dress it up like you picture it in your mind but the Hollow wean/Halloween off it, he gon always be a n***a in disguise/ [the skies?]."

This had the same impact of Summer Madness 2 and it came off beautifully cold.
Now Hollow must of been peeking through Lux's window because his whole round was a rebuttal to his judgement on people. Hollow exposed Lux and showed us all a different look at Lux which I thought wasn't possible to do.
Quotable bar"Stop trying to teach us S
He that old head who go on the block n****s be like go ahead with that preaching S
We don’t want to hear what Jesus did Tell Al Sharpton eat a D
Beg my pardon but I’m in the hood starving with no leadership And you want me to listen
Nigga we don’t even know if you follow religious tradition
Are you Muslim Christian Catholic Baptist or Buddhism I don’t know, is you picking?
First time I knew dude was sniffing is when I caught him uptown false preaching in some True Religions So let’s take him to church Reverend we understand you want something to eat but 40k? You wanting a feast! What you wanting aint cheap you got them paying 100 apiece 
Summer Madness 3 you know why we aint do it?
He wanted a big pay per view percentage off of it
He wanted everyone to put a portion in to the porsche you in it's porcelain 
He want 40k guaranteed and a percentage before they recoup the cost of it?
D**n reverend you d**n near wanted all of it
Another n***a that get his bread and wine/whine but couldn’t clear his ties/tithes with the 10% Smack was offering."


Hollow exposed Lux good, and by Hollow going last helped seal the deal.Hollow even brought out Calicoe's dad to heckle Lux .This was the hardest round to judge because they both went in equally on each other. But again I edged this round to Hollow. Yes lyrically Lux is better then Hollow (lyrically I think Lux is better than everybody) but when it come down to battle rapping sometimes you have to appeal more to the fans and the crowd when getting your point across. I did not think Hollow was going to beat Lux. I really thought Lux was going to mop the floor with Hollow but that wasn't the case. This was a 3-0 not a body bag but Hollow edged every round with Lux being the superior lyricist. All in all this was an amazing battle and a notch in the belt for the battle rap culture. It also solidified Hollow as "King of Battle Rap", I say that cause he just beat the King. I know I'm going to get crucified by Lux fans for my pic and review but there is no bigger Lux fan than me,  so take this from someone that wanted to be bias.
Round 3 Hollow Da Don

HOLLOW 3-0









4 comments:

  1. Hollow 3-0? That in itself is pure idiocracy. Debatable with a 2-1 lean towards Lux.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ma nigga ... i got hollow 3-0 too

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3-0? really? I'm sure that's a bias opinion. Nobody Got 3-0's. Come on now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This review was made too soon after the battle. Lux 2-1. Heavier BARS and better performance. The worst thing about this battle was the organization. Clearly this review was definitely a Hollow fan who dislikes Lux messages and thought provoking BARS.

    ReplyDelete