Sunday, June 2, 2013

Dr Strange Flow

                   HANZ Vs IRON SHIEKH
Theres a new battle rap league in town and they go by the name of Killaz BattleLeague spear headed by
Dj Vlad (Vladtv). Recently the Killaz Battle League had a nice card, head lining was the rematch Math Hoffa Vs T-Rex , Shotgun Suge Vs Bigg K, and our Battlerapic of the day Hanz Vs Iron Shiekh. I recently got familiar with Iron Shiekh through watching his Lionz Den battles, one in particular Vs D Wroxx. I was like this bol Iron Shiekh is a problem.He has a uncanny flow built around multi projections and old school reflections. To me when I heard him he was a breathe of fresh air to battle rap. Now Hanz I never seen him battle but he has a solid reputation in NYB and in the New York streets of hip hop, so I didn't doubt what he could do.
   With that being said lets jump into this battle.
Round one Hanz went first and the giant from Brooklyn was very impressive for someone having their first battle. Hanz was focused and came with some real street grimey grim reaper attack. I like his flow, his delivery and his bars. He even address a few other battle rappers in this round, I guess this was something he had to get off his chest ,understandable. This kat is all street like he bleeds tar, Quotable bar: "I'm from CI home of the face cutter, No family but niggas I "F" with be like brothers, when its drama we don't call on our mamas , we ain't runners if it pop we on the spot long enough to exchange numbers."
Thought that was nice!
Now Iron Shiekh has a totally unorthodox way of spittin, so as soon as he opens his mouth you start to listen. Shiekh was coming with bars on top of multis on top of bars and then some and then some, that's his whole game. He don't stop for breaks he keeps going and going like the energizer bunny on 4 mollys. Iron got the type of flow that either you going to appreciate it or not. His content makes you listen and his punchlines always take you back Quotable bar: " I hurdle beef ,line you up like Steve Urkel teeth, fertile streets, purple briefs, even if y'all lock me in a cage for days I'mma still be running on bars like gerbil  feet."
Da bol be spittin!
Shiekh just on another level to me than Hanz.
Round 1 Iron Shiekh

Round two Hanz went up a level in his all around game. I was impressed again with Hanz, I was feeling him cause he was really spittin some real stuff and I have to say I really didn't think he was going to be able to hang with Shiekh at all but my man was holding his own and showing the battle rap world that if yall want me in this I'm going to be a problem, Quotable bar: "I bang for the F of it never had a main plot, only had a fetish for a wesson with the gauge stock, 30 round cartridge swore it came from Game Stop close range turn this nigga's waves into rain drops"
 CRAZY dope!! Even though Iron Shiekh has a baldy it was still affective.
Now see Iron is simply entertaining, and even though Hanz had some dope bars in this round it just didn't to me over shadow Shiekh's performance and the way he spits that fire, he's really that different when he brings it.Iron got a special way he rhymes with seriousness but at the time have you dying laughing. Quotable bar: 
"I'm out of my mind like a savage man that sniffed a half of gram (sniff,sniff) snap like an elastic band, ratchet blam!, then stretch this nigga like plastic man." This was one of those bars you had to be there for, because when he did the (sniff sniff ) he did it with the sway of his fingers to his nose like if you sniffed coke before you would have related and started dying laughing!

Round 2 Iron Shiekh

Third round to me was Hanz's best round. He started it off with some real talk about his family and was connecting nicely with all his punches. Hanz like I said is truly a street dude and his lingo about hard knock life and jail emulates out his pores, Quotable bar: "My uncle doing fifty, brother doing seventeen Shamell home still eatin Jack Mack with the saltines, I still got the orange patackies and keep the soles clean, which means I'm prepared to go back if you say the wrong things.
 Sheesh, it don't get any meaner or more street than that.
That being said Iron's spit game and performance and bars was just to over bearing for Hanz to kill.
He's like a wind up toy with the metal key in the back you turn till it feels like you gonna break it the key then you let it go.
I think Iron was better against his other opponents but he was still fierce in this bout. 
Quotable bar: "I'm invincible my crime family got boo-koo weapons that'll shoot through brethren /I'll have his body hanging out the window in front of the building like Pearl from 227."
I know a lot of young bucks not going to get that bar because "227" was a old black sitcom in the
late eighties early nineties Ms Pearl used to hang out the window up in every bodies business lol., check it here --> 227
This was a very dope battle and it probably to some people will get judged on what you like most.
I  judge battles on who stands out and who I believe was just simply better in the battle, and I have to say Iron Shiekh was just simply better. Mad props to Hanz though, for this being his first battle for the world to see he was DOPE!! I have nothing bad to say about Hanz, his performance his bars and delivery was on point, I just felt Iron Shiekh brings something different to the game and his difference stood out.

Round 3 Iron Shiekh 
No Body Bag
3-0 Iron Shiekh
 Watch Battle Here
Round 1 


Faces and Gifs stolen from OTBVA







1 comment: