Saturday, January 26, 2013

Bars NOT Over Everything


First off before I get into this review I have to commend the new talent or new classmen coming out of the URL Proven Grounds.They are the future of battlerap and if so battlerap's future is looking bright!
This is BATTLERAPICS first URL Proven Grounds comic and I'm more than honored to have my hands in this battle.
ILL Will (Potiac,Michigan) Vs Johnie Alcatraz ( New Jersey) whoa! Honestly this is the first time I've seen both of these men spit.
First round/ Johnnie Alc went first, my man got dem BARS I enjoyed every punchline and every scheme and wordplay that came out his mouth. Johnie Alc presence and the way he projects his rhymes is simply on a level that should be on that big stage. Johnie came with some intricate bars and very well thought out schemes .Quotable bar: "I will get this star trekked if I find out William Shat near(William Shatner) where I sleep at" (BARZ). The only thing I had against Johnie is his usage of Conceited's "slow it down" that really took away from his professionalism and him quoting that "slow it down" dropped his stock when he used it.
Now my man ILL Will is a straight lyrical GOON.Not only that he had bars he had a presence that you just related to from the door. ILL was really wilding out - Quotable bar : "I gotta NEW (AR) witta (K) that'll put (J) in the (ER) so he can  see why (SEY) he shouldn't have forgot where he come from" spells 
Newark Jersey..Now that's CREATIVE!!(BARZ)..ILL Will is a beast and I just liked him better in that round. Rd1 (ILL).Now round 2 Johnnie came off CRAZY, like I said before he is about dem BARZ they pour out of him like a snitch at the police station.Quotable bar: "I'm done talking he wanna talk I lettum talk to the machine like the 10 items or less line."(BARZ) the bol is incredible with it. But he did that "Slow it down" again and it really was even worse this time , him doing that really made me SMH like (WHY???) oh well. ILL Will stuck to the plan and that is be myself and spit these bars and entertain the crowd at the same time. ILL just stood out , not that he was a better lyricist than Johnnie he had that charisma that Johnie was lacking. RD2 (ILL). Okay round 3 Johnie Alc just started letting bars go like it was fourth of July fireworks, Quotable bar: "My hands nice but I keep a cannon tho, big AR's small K's all different size letters like a ransom note"(BARZ) This was Johnnies best round to me. Now ILL came wit some tough bars himself  Quotable bar: "He Huey from the Boondocks, I'm Huey from the rooftop"..(NICE). Plus ILL started clowning him hard about his toungue ring hence what the comic reflects.
I gave round 3 to Johnnie Alc because he deserved it and ILL round was a lil short. But that round could go to Ill Will also cause he brought some comedy that was fire which to me is always a nice touch in battlerap. I give the battle to ILL WILL 2-1 because ILL was more entertaining and his presence held your attention and you just believed him. I titled this comic and review "Bars NOT over Everything" cause to me it takes more than having great bars to win a battle. Because if it was really Bars Over Everything than kats should just write down there rhymes, we'll read them and say whose the best, now we all know thats ridiculous. We don't look at battles just to hear bars we want to be entertained as well so to me performance is just as relevant as bars.
Props to Johnie Alcatraz and Ill Will for giving us a CLASSIC Battle, I take my hat off to both of you.
go watch this classic-->
Ill Will Vs Johnie Alcatraz




No comments:

Post a Comment